Software Engineer (Front End)
TCN is looking for a Software Engineer (Front End) to join our team in our St. George, Utah office. The Software Engineer (Front End) participates in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of the TCN software platform. These responsibilities include but are not limited to designing and developing products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the quality assurance (QA) cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile processes.
- Collaborates as a member of an agile team to enhance and improve software using modern front-end technologies that meet the needs of our clients; this includes design, development, testing, rollout, and maintaining features
- Delivers high quality, sustainable, and maintainable code; designs and presents projects to improve current processes and the overall platform
- Writes, performs, and maintains unit, integration, and acceptance tests; creates automation to ensure quality
- Ensures successful completion of projects by leveraging resources and team; contributes to team-maintained continuous deployment pipeline
- Assists with identification, analysis, and resolution of production-related issues in a timely manne
- Participates in collaborative code reviews with senior engineering team members
- Provides mentorship to interns and new team members and learns from direct collaboration and open discussion of ongoing work
- Participates in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery of cloud-based software using agile development practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or relevant, demonstrated industry experience
- Experience working in and using typical Linux toolbox of open-source software and management tools
- Knowledge and understanding of front-end architecture, design, and principles; software design and principles; distributed version control/code versioning tools (i.e., Git); and RPC mechanisms
- Understanding of client-server APIs (prefer experience with Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure); user interface (UI)/user experience (UX) design; databases (SQL and NoSQL); performance troubleshooting; and parallel programming
- Familiarity with CSS, PHP, and PhotoShop
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to work accurately and to identify, analyze, prevent, and solve problems
- Ability to think critically and creatively in developing solutions to challenges; strong analytic, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Veracious learner: appreciates the opportunity to use latest technologies responsibly and understands when and how to use it
- Ability to adapt to various competing demands, meet tight deadlines, and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with many simultaneous projects
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to adapt message/style to fit audience (i.e., ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience)
- Strong people skills with the ability to work with all levels of management and employees; ability to gain credibility, provide effective customer service, and foster positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics with a confident but well-grounded approach to doing work
About TCN -
TCN is a fast-growing technology company and provides all its services over the internet in a cloud-based software-as-a-service model. TCN's technology stack and culture are positive and forward-thinking. When you join TCN, you are joining a dedicated team of professionals. Employees often describe our culture as friendly, collaborative, flexible, and fast-paced.
To learn more, visit our website.
Our benefits include:
- Medical Insurance (HDHP with HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (11 scheduled)
- Weekly lunches; free drinks and snacks
- Casual dress and flexible work environment
Additional Information -
- Candidates must be fully authorized to work in the United States. TCN is not able to offer visa transfer/sponsorship for this role.
- TCN does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved recruiting partners.